Thursday 17 January 2013

How Things Have Changed!!!!!

Hi everyone, I hope that things have gone back to normality for you after Christmas and the new year. I thought I would write something a little different today.

I was watching a film this morning and some thoughts came into my head,(it was a boring film).
How my life has changed in a year.

Last year this time we still lived in the country in a cold and damp cottage and were panicking because it was going to snow. Snow was a major issue where we used to live, we had to stock up on food, Lucy had to carry all the shopping down from where we had to leave the car at the top farm in a rucksack, three or four times she had to do this. We sometimes used to be snowed in and the house was cold and we sometimes dreaded that the electricity went off and being a electric only cottage (no gas) it was a hard life and how we stuck for 10 years I never know.
Lucy used to walk to work but I had to take some time off until the manager of my residential home got her four by four out and picked everyone who was due on shift  that day up and dropped them back home after.

I am now warm and cosy in our gas central heated house with hot water when we need it,  our water supply is clean and drinkable, (we had to get bottled water for me ) being diabetic I was not able to drink the water as it was from a private supply from an underground well  and when it rains the water doesn't turn brown like it used to in the cottage.
When Lucy and I go out we just go through the front door and down a short path and we are in the street, not go for a mile up a very rough track and then 5 miles (approx) to get to a shop.

So even though I have no job and I am disabled I feel that I am a lot better off than I was last year and we are not even panicking about snow if it happens to fall, hows that for progress.

Keep safe and thanks for reading.
Love
Mandy
xxx




3 comments:

  1. Mandy,

    Those of us who live in towns and other built up areas sometimes don't realise how rough it can be in rural parts. As you say so much has changed for you over the last year and for the better.

    But even so, stay warm and safe and let's dream of warmer, finer days to come.

    Susan XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the luxuries or city life! And now you need not worry about snow! I am glad that you all moved into a more developed area and soon things will be looking up even nmore!
    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls, Writing a new blog now so watch this space!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete