Monday 5 November 2012

This Week !

Hi, I'm sorry I haven't written anything for last  week, I have had a nasty cold and felt rotten so didn't really feel like writing anything.

So I'll just do a quick catch up on what happened last week. I'm now registered disabled, for which statements and letters from various medical personnel involved in my care had been sent to a government department and they have decided that I am now registered disabled but due to me not being able to work I have to go through a face to face assessment  with ATOS (these are the people who  do the  assessment, the paperwork is sent off and then someone in a job centre decides if I'm entitled to sick benefit), which was meant to take place last week, was cancelled by someone phoning up and saying that the person who was going to do the assessment was off sick and that they would send me an new appointment. I wasn't happy as Lucy was finishing early to be with me, so I had to phone her and let her know that ATOS had cancelled. I got an appointment in the next two days which was in the morning which wasn't convenient to me, as again Lucy was to take me so we needed a afternoon appointment, so if need be, she could finish an hour earlier at work. So I had to phone this free number so I could "beg" that they could give me an afternoon appointment. Luckily enough I got a really nice operator who "managed" to get me an afternoon appointment for the next day.

Then I got an appointment through to see the orthopaedic consultant or his registrar, it is for this Wednesday the 7th November and again Lucy is taking me, this time though, instead of not having any advice I have been given some advice on what to say to the doctor, so we will just have to see what happens and whether I get what I want, (a full knee replacement). If they start to argue then again I have been given some advice on what to do next as well.

Take care and I will update on Thursday to let everyone know what happened at the hospital.

Amanda
xxxx

 P.S. Lucy has now got my cold so I feel really sorry for her.  As you can see by the photo I have put up. (sorry lucy couldn't resist it :).

1 comment:

  1. Mandy,

    Thank you for the update. I just hope all goes well tomorrow - I'll be thinking of you.

    Susan XXX

    ReplyDelete