Monday 22 October 2012

Blue Disabled Badge

Hi All, Just been given some good news. After the post had arrived this morning, I decided to phone my local council, to see if they had any news on my blue disabled badge that I appealed for. As I hadn't heard anything from them for two weeks and when I appealed they said it would be a week for them to contact me again..

I got through to a lovely man who put me on hold while he went and found out what was happening. He came back on the phone with a surprised voice saying that a letter had been sent out last week saying that............. I was successful with my appeal and I have been granted a blue disabled badge.

He said he didn't know what happened to the original letter but that he would send another one out straight away today for me and sorry I had to wait so long.

So I will wait and see what I have to do next.

Lets just say I am over the moon and hope now there is light at the end of a very long tunnel which I am travelling at the moment.

Love
Amanda.  xxxx



3 comments:

  1. Hooray!, and not before time, either.

    That's great news Mandy. Let's hope things move as well in other departments.

    Take care

    Love

    Susan XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news, thanks for sharing!

    Hugs,

    Mandy Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls, It was a shock at first, but I think it was due to my social workers who said for me to appeal the first decision, that I wasn't allowed one and they would sort the rest out.

    I have learnt such a lot from them in the past few weeks, including my rights as a patient and what benefits I am entitled to. If it wasn't for Age UK though I wouldn't have known to contact them.

    ReplyDelete