Monday 18 June 2012

The First Visit To Sophies

The First Visit To Sophies.

We set off early that day so we would get there on time. My butterflies in my tummy got worse as we neared the place where we needed to go. If I felt like this what on earth did Lucy feel like? The poor thing I felt for her, as one minute she was just showing this dressing service to me on the internet the next I had phoned the lady booked a date and time and included me in the makeover as well I think she took it quite well  lol.

Lucy found the address just fine and as we both got out of the car there was the Lady called Juliette standing waiting for us. If I remember rightly Lucy was in male mode so we had loads of bags of clothes and make-up and jewellery to take out of the car.

All of us had a cup of tea and both Lucy and I started to relax, after the cup of tea and a massive chat Lucy went downstairs to get changed into her first outfit and then went and had her makeover done.
I was shown into the lounge and gosh I was in my element, there was a big t.v. with Sky HD, I settled down to watch a film. After an hour Lucy came out and "WOW" she looked stunning and looked like a model I couldn't believe it was her. After Juliette gave us a fantastic lunch it was my turn for the makeover.

I was led into this side room which was full of wigs, clothes, make-up, a bit like our bedroom at home, so I settled into a chair and Juliette did her magic. After the makeover I was allowed to look at myself to see what I looked like and I was speechless "OMG is that really me" I said "yep" Juliette replyed. To say I was in shock is an understatement and I quietly went into the lounge where Lucy was waiting for me.




Then the hard work began and the photo's were taken we were put in all sorts of positions and at one point we asked to go out on the decking which was quite high and I was asked to get on a stool, Lucy then decided to tickle me I had to grab hold of her in case I fell and Juliette took the photo I have put up here. by the end of the day both of us were tired.
 Lucy and I had booked a couple of days in a Premier inn so it was great to go outside dressed and made-up. I must admit though I was scared for Lucy as this was the first time that we had gone anywhere made up as we where now.

Lucy as usual though just sailed through the reception but I know she was nervous, what I thought funny was a day before she had signed in at reception dressed as Bob  and left the reception as Bob that day and yet here she was dressed and made up as Lucy talking to the same receptionist at the desk.

We have made may more visits to Sophie's and have enjoyed everyone of them and constantly she makes us feel like super stars, we would recommend her to anyone.

How I Now Feel About Things.

Since Lucy has come out to me and things have settled down I feel very content with life, we have our arguments and once I remember one that makes me chuckle now. It was about some bra's in ASDA I can't exactly remember what started it But I do know that Lucy was in Bob mode and had plucked up enough courage to look at the bra's with me. After the argument I started to laugh because we must've looked so funny with lucy holding a bra and me arguing with her about it. Typical couple eh!

I don't like going out now without Lucy dressed, I made the mistake once on my birthday when lucy took me to my birthplace and she asked me "do you want me to be Bob or Lucy"
. I said " Bob" so that's how it was, we both felt that we couldn't look round the shops properly and I couldn't look at clothes or make-up without feeling unease. I promised myself then that I preferred going out with lucy and I felt closer to her.

I have had loads of health problems caused by me having diabetes which wasn't treated properly in my early life. I didn't go onto insulin until I moved in with lucy and now because of this late treatment it has effected me.  So when I go to the doc's I always ask Lucy to come with me if she can and if she isn't dressed which sometimes does happen I again feel really uneasy and so does Lucy.

Lucy is going to go full time on July 4 this year she is telling her workplace, as she is going to have to transition there.  I wish her well in that and hope things go smoothly.
Unfortunately due to a bad knee I have to use a wheelchair or crutches and poor Lucy has to do the pushing if I'm in the wheelchair and I do feel really low because she has to this for me. I have an appointment with a consultant to see if I can have an operation on the 18 July and hopefully he will be able to do something.

Because of my knee problem I have had to give up my work in a residential home for the elderly and now am on Employment Support Allowance But because of that I will get an interview with a Disability Employment Officer next Monday who says that she will help me to get training for a new career, so i am really looking forward to that.  I will tell you what happens with that next week.........

5 comments:

  1. Another fabulous instalment Mandy. In my experience the ladies who run these services are lovely people. However, I think Juliette is someone even more special. I've never met her but based on what you and Lucy have said I hope one day that I will.

    I've already heards tales from both of you about your life together and it's so heart-warming. I hope all goes well with your interview next week.

    Susan XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy,
    Juliette sounds like she is a student of Michelangelo; she sees the beauty within and brings it to the surface. The photos of you are gorgeous.

    Lucy on the other hand is truly an Angel. She is the wind beneath your wings.

    God bless the both of you.

    Gia XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey gal, don't get down about the wheelchair. I might moan about pushing you around all the time (that sounds great!!!) but it's only in jest (and you know that!)

    The wheelchair should be looked upon as a boon. It's given you more freedom to get out than you would have on those useless crutches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for your comments ladies, I'm glad you are enjoying reading my blog.
    I will update it on Monday next week to tell everyone how the interview went But from the week onwards I will update on Sundays to go with Lucy's update on her website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! You are such a wonderful couple!

    ReplyDelete