Monday 11 June 2012

Introduction To my Early Years.

Introduction.

Hello there and welcome to my blog. My name is Amanda and I'm a 43 years old female I live in Somerset in the U.K and am in a long term relationship with a Male to Female transexual called Lucy.
(I'm on the left in the black blouse).


(
I thought I would start writing this blog so I could show the otherside of the coin so to speak, I also have had some adventures some good some bad and would love to share them with you.

The Early Years.

I was born on the 31 December 1968 at the Princess Christian Hospital that was situated in Windsor Berkshire U.K (I have been told it was near Windsor great park  and now has become Lego land). A couple of days after I was born my grandparents were given charge of me due to the fact that my mother had post natal depression, back then it wasn't well known  about and I was thought to be in danger.  So I was placed in a loving home and thought that they were my real mum and dad and it was kept that way until I was 16 when they told me the truth.

My school days were great and I really enjoyed them and came away with 2 o'levels (G.C.S.E.'s) and 5 C.S.E.'S.  After I left school I went on a Y.T.S scheme which I really enjoyed and managed to get a job through it.
During this time my grandmother (mum as I called her) became very ill and was taken to hospital and unfortunately after an emergency operation died. So it was just my grandfather (dad) and I we looked after each other, until I made a really bad choice and decided to move out and live with a  boyfriend. My dad died 7  years ago But I did go and see him regularly before he died.

The Bad Years.

It started when I met someone at work he was Welsh and a lot older than myself but he swept me off my feet and I thought he's the one for me. I'd had a couple of  the same age  boyfriends as me but none treated me like I was royalty like he did. We got engaged and moved to his home town in South Wales. He started work as a taxi driver and we decided to get  married. I made friends with a neighbour who asked me to join a rescue team and I became busy with that, it was really rewarding and gave me a lot of confidence and kept me fit as well.

I was quite  happy and content until two years after we got married it was then I wasn't allowed out of the house, I was made to give up the rescue team.  Due to my husband being paranoid about me leaving him (I had no intentions of at that time) I couldn't  go shopping.By then my husband had bought himself a taxi company   and I had to get involved with that including stupidly putting my own money into it and paying all the bills with my credit cards. It was when another taxi company appeared that the bad times began though.

He started to shout at me when he came home asking why his tea wasn't on the table and why hadn't I taken any calls and what had I been doing all day etc...
The other taxi company started to take my husbands fares and we started to loose money this then started to get stressful and my husband decided to take it out on me physically and mentally. I'm not going to say what went on as it brings back really bad memories for me and I have tried to forget things.

I went round my friends once when my husband went round his mums (he became a real mummys boy) and she was shocked on how I had changed I cringed everytime someone came near me,  and she told me to get out while I could. I ignored this advice mostly because I had nowhere to go and I had no personal money and stayed thinking it would get better. Nobody apart from my friend knew what was going on.

 The Meeting.

It was during this time that I started talking in chat rooms on the computer and it took me out of my violent home life. I was chatting to a male and we had a real friendship starting, I invited him to south wales (with permission from husband who said yes as long as he could invite someone who he knew and was chatting to as well).
Bob came to see us and we all  had dinner  together and chatted like nothing was wrong and we swopped mobile phone numbers.  This phone number would change my life forever as that person I met in South Wales would be ten years in the future to become my loving and fantastic partner lucy.

The Attack. 

I can't remember exactly what led to the beating of a lifetime it's been a long time and due to counselling it has been put away never to return (I hope), One thing that has stayed in my memory though is the ending I was screaming so loud and my neighbours rush in and start shouting at my husband to stop. I can remember him holding a coffee table over my head and it was just inches from my head they managed to get the table off him and rush me out of the house.

After I have been taken to safety and they have calmed me down my friend asks me if there is anyone that I want to call, I called bob and ask him to come and get me please I've had enough and my husband has nearly killed me. I should've called the police I know especially with the circumstances but I just wanted to go and leave the place he did get his just deserts though.
 .

Bob turned up and rescued me took me back to his home and had to heal me mentally and it took a couple of years even now I still get nervous about certain things and sometimes get flashback's but I'm a lot better and have loads more confidence than I did. After I settled into life with Bob I divorced my husband and made myself bankrupt and in turn he was made bankrupt and due to that and the stress of me leaving him he died shortly afterwards and I have never looked back since.

The Beginning Of Lucy.

After having eight wonderful happy years living with Bob and his father I was asked to sit down one day after finishing work and was told that "Bob wanted to be Lucy" I didn't quite understand how much this would change both our lives at first but I accepted what was said.
After all bob wasn't a murderer or a criminal and so what if he wanted to look nice. Things then started to go fast Lucy became just part-time at first and a lot of things were bought for her!
Our bedroom became a wig store, make-up department, and a whole new wardrobe was brought for both of us , as we could share our new clothes. I was beginning to enjoy myself  But then something struck me and I began to cry, I have never put make up on, dressed up in fantastic dresses not even wore perfume. This really effected me for a while as it was a whole new world I was getting into and I was scared.

Lucy then showed me a dressing service that she had found on the internet and asked whether I liked the look of it and should we try it. The next day I phoned it and the lady on the telephone phoned me back put me at my ease and talked to me for at least an hour and a half, we booked a session with her.........
I will tell you what happened next week.

 

6 comments:

  1. Mandy,

    We've already discussed your new blog elsewhere, but it is very good and interesting. I'm sure anyone reading this will get an insight into your earlier life that is at times quite distressing. At the same time it is so heart warming to see the love and safety that Lucy brought to you.

    Susan XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Susan. I will see you soon hopefully.

      Delete
  2. My dear Mandy,
    Somewhere in your youth you must have done something good, for though you bore a heavy cross in a past relationship you are blessed with Lucy. Your current ailments too shall pass, I have no doubt. I am fortunate to have met you and Lucy, even if it be in cyberspace. Thank you for sharing.
    Love Gia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Gia, Keep tuned theres more to come ! xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Very nice blog, hon - you write well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is so powerful and glad you now out of the light in a better environment and the wisdom you have now got to help others with sure it will I feel very sad but also happy that you beat this big well done to you and I wish you both lots of happiness as I am, after what I went through.

    Keep going and good luck to the future

    ReplyDelete