Tuesday 21 August 2012

Happy And Content.

My life seems to have settled down quite nicely at the moment.
 The physio has said that he wants me to go in for hydrotherapy,( this gets me doing exercises in water) at the hospital, he said he doesn't know what else to do with me, so I should  give it a go. So just to help him out, (I felt quite sorry for him), I said I'd  give it a try so I'm just waiting to hear when they want me to attend for the treatment.

I got a hundred percent on both assessment's on my course, which has four elements to it, so I'm half way there. When I have finished the course, I then get a computer office qualification which I have been told companies look for in prospective employees, . The employment officer is really happy with me and said she enjoys my visits to her as I'm getting on really well.
 I had a lovely email off a company this morning which said that they read my C.V. which I had sent them with very much interest but due to the amount of people wanting the job I applied for, which they told me was 150. I was unlucky this time But they are expanding and if I was still looking for work in two months time then they would get in touch with me straight away. I wrote them an email back thanking them and that they could get in contact with me anytime. So there might be some hope on the job front hopefully in a couple of months.

The training for my voluntary work is very intense but it does make me think of things differently and I have become more confident in making friends. This morning (tuesday), for example I was taking my short walk to the shop and back with my crutches, when two taxi's pipped me and two cars pipped me as well a few moments after, I know it was me they were saying hi to because I was the only one on the path at that time But now I'm thinking who were they????.


Here are some more photo's from Lucy and I's trip to Sophie's.

It will soon be time for us to go on holiday for a week, which I am really looking forward to.

Oh well that's all for now I can't think of anything else to tell you at the moment.
Take care and I'll chat soon.
Amanda.

1 comment:

  1. These are more lovely photos, Mandy. Royal blue is always a favourite of mine, even if I have very few outfits in that colour. It's clear that your trip to Sophies was well worthwhile.

    I remember doing hydrotheraphy some years ago after my ankle injury. I was never sure just how much good it did, but I know that physios have great faith in it. Anyway, is was ebjoyable if nothing else.

    I'm glad that all the training is going so well and that you are getting so much out of it.

    By the way, you're not the only one looking forward to a holiday!

    Susan XXX

    ReplyDelete