Tuesday 14 August 2012

Jobs and Courses.

Hello there everyone, I thought I would tell you how things are and what I've been up to.
 My training for my voluntary work is going well and I'm really enjoying it, I'm making lots of new friends and learning a lot as well. I'm coming back home with books and papers so that I can study at home and feel I'm really getting somewhere and where I want to be at the moment.

As for the IT course, that has gone on OK, as you know I sent off the first assessment last month, unfortunately it hasn't been marked yet and I was getting a little bit worried, so I phoned the college to find out what is happening. I got told "that its holidays and the tutor won't be able to mark my stuff until the holidays are over". What was the point of saying to me I had to put the first assessment in within the month then?.  Oh well I just wont rush sending the second and third parts back.

I have applied for about ten jobs these past two weeks, and have been really shocked at some of the things some of these firms expect a prospective employee to do. One job I  went in for  wanted you to fill in a questionnaire that contained two hundred multiple choice questions, I gave up after a hundred, due to the fact that I realised that  looking at one question, I would have to move furniture about and of course I can't do that.
Another job that I went in for I had to decipher a phone text, I laughed at this one due to the fact that I had to look up some of the text on the computer, as I'd never heard of some of the text language.
There was one easy application though, I applied for a receptionist at a chiropractors yesterday, no questionnaires or tests, I just had to send my C.V, they got back to me saying that they were going to be doing interviews next Tuesday and they would get back to me this Friday, to tell me whether or not they want me to come in for an interview. So shall have to see what happens there. I wish all applications for employment were that easy.

This Saturday Lucy and I are going to sophies dressing service for makeovers and photo's. I am really looking forward to this and Juliette always makes it a fun day. Last time we went I didn't get involved due to my bad knee, but this time I am so watch this space to see some of the photo's of our fun day out.
My knee is slightly better since the steroid injection than it has been, but I know that this will not last and I am already getting  slight twinges in it if I do too much on it. So I shall wait and see what happens and if the pain comes back with a vengeance then it's back to the doctor.
Getting cuddly.

Flower girl.

Keep safe and I'll chat soon.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Mandy!

    It's good to hear that things are going well. But oh, some of those job applications sound horrendous. It won't surprise you to hear that it's many years since I had to fill in one. I'm sure I'd need help with translating modern "text-speak" too.

    So, fingers for the chiropractor's job this week. And of course I hope you and Lucy have a great time on Saturday.

    Lots of love

    Susan XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, thanks for reading my updated blog. I must admit I am really happy how things are going at the moment. Watch out for next week for some photo's.
    Love
    Mandy.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete