Tuesday 11 September 2012

I'm Getting Some Help!!!

Hi,
I was busy yesterday (Monday). Things have become slightly worse with my mobility, I'm having trouble getting off the loo and really struggle with the bath, so I thought enough is enough, I've got to get some help to manage these problems. Also my wheelchair isn't very good and could break any minute . So the first thing I did was contact my charity co ordinator of my voluntary work by email, to see if  she could give me some idea's to who I could contact about my problems.

She emailed me back saying that the local Council offices would be the first ones to contact so I did. I phoned them up and spoke to lovely lady who took my medical details and asked what exactly I was finding hard to do. She was sympathetic to my problems and said the best thing to do was that they could send  someone to assess me to see exactly what was needed and what help I could get from them, the only problem was that there was a big waiting list and I probably wouldn't be seen for a month. After finishing talking to her she also put me through to another department to see if I could get a blue disabled badge, they weren't sure if I could get one because I haven't claimed or get Disability Living Allowance but another lovely lady said it wouldn't hurt to try and I might get it. The claim would have to go to an independent occupational therapist who would look at my  medical problems, then they decide whether the council should allow me to have the badge or not.

I got a shock this morning (Tuesday) I  had a phone call this morning it was from the council, they wanted to come and see me next Tuesday to assess and give me all the help I need, I was put down as urgent so someone must've taken pity on me. The people that are coming to see me next Tuesday are nothing to do with the disabled blue badge that I have applied for. This visit is to help me get independent at home.

So we shall see what happens next week and of course I will tell all what happens on here.

Take care and I'll chat soon.




2 comments:

  1. That's great news Mandy, but I'm sorry that you've been having more problems.

    Let's hope there is going to be something positive coing out of all this. I've always felt that you should have a blue badge. I know people who have them genuinely and their mobility problems are nowhere near yours.

    Susan XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, I've just been to hydrotherapy this morning and got another treatment booked for next week. After that as you know I'm on holiday,so I have another treatment to book when I get back and then its up to the physio to tell me what I should do next.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete