Friday 13 July 2012

Good News !

College And Voluntary Work.

This week I've been busy sorting my life out. On Tuesday last week I got an email off my Employment officer saying that she had found a college IT course for me and it was free. I also didnt have to leave the house to do it, it was all done on computer and did I want the details so I could have a look at it and decide whether it would suit my needs..

The details for the course and enrolment form for Taunton College arrived on Thursday and after looking at it I sent it off and got a phone call on Monday to check I was OK to start the course, the woman on the phone said that I was accepted and congratulations I was now on a IT course and would start on Monday 16 th next week.  So I am now a mature student hhhmmmmm I'd prefer just student lol. When I pass I get a certificate which then enables me to go in for a higher IT course But I have to do this one first.

I have also on the encouragement of my careers officer have applied for some voluntary jobs both application forms have been given in and now its just a waiting game.

Due to popular demand here is the dreaded photo of me asleep in the car when we went to Bristol for Lucy's change of name party! I slept most of the way there, don't worry Lucy I will get my own back.
 Here is a photo of me actually awake looking innocent .

Next week is busy for me On Monday I have the Employment officer I can't wait to tell her about things. I'm also going to give support to Lucy when she goes to our doctor to ask why Lucy hasn't heard anything about her referal to the gender clinic so hopefully things might get started for her soon.

Wednesday is a packed day.  In the morning I have the physio and then in the afternoon I go to Yeovil hospital to see the consultant about my right knee. This I am not looking forward to because I might have to fight for an operation which I need But lucy is going to be there to help me out. I will let you know what happens about the visit.

Here are some photo's of our trip out to Bath with some Mad and Terrific girls.


Oh well thats me done for now, I will update you all on what happens next week, enjoy the weekend and chat to you soon....


3 comments:

  1. Mandy,

    Great news about the course - I hope it all goes well. I'm sure Lucy will be able to help you with any problems. Don't worry about being a "Mature" student, it's more of an accolade these days!

    Love the photo, even though I was there when it was taken. Actually I think you had the right idea as I'm sure it set you up for the evening. All the photos bring back moemories of a smashing few days with both of you.

    I do so hope all goes well for both of you next week and that you both get what you want very soon.

    Another lovely blog

    Love to all

    Susan XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy,
    After 40 years I returned to college, that's how I got my CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant)! We're never to old to learn.

    So happy to see all these smiling faces.

    Now all we need do is get that 'knee' thingy done. My heartfelt thoughts for you in this area.

    Bless you all.
    Gia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gia and Susan i will update my blog Tuesday and Thursday next week to let everyone know how I get on. xxxx

    ReplyDelete