Sunday 1 July 2012

A Busy Week Ahead.

A Busy Week.

This Week is going to be really busy and a bit strange for me.  Today (sunday) is going to be a chill day not much going on at all really, I'm just enjoying the lull before the storm, so they say.

Monday. 

Tomorrow I go and see the careers officer for a skills check, this is to see what kind of job would be suitable for me and perhaps to get me into some voluntary work that I could do to get me out of the house and meet people again. The employment officer mentioned maybe advocacy or Citizans Advice Bureau as this would use my skills, give me some experience which in turn would  help me get a job easier.

Tuesday.

This is when I go and see my diabetic nurse, she is going to get a big thanks for me and maybe a hug. It's thanks to her that I have got an appointment with the orthopedic consultant in two weeks and at least I know that someone cares in the medical proffession.
I have had to take my blood sugar four times a day for three weeks because she thinks it might be time for me to come off a tablet called metformin   I have been on it a long time and because of this she wants to see a comparison of blood sugars when I'm on it and when she takes me off it. So we shall have to see what happens. metformin i have been told can cause all sorts of side effects But I only occassionly get one and that is hiccoughs so I guess i have been lucky there.
 Lucy is also going to come out to her workmates on tuesday afternoon so will be waiting eagerly for her to come home to hear how things went.

Wednesday.

This is quite busy I have an appointment with a chiropodist (being diabetic I'm entitled to this service).  Then in the evening it's going to be " Lucy's Birthday" she is going to have her deed poll witnessed by a good friend and then we are going out for a meal there might be eight people at the meal so that will be fun and I'm really looking forward to it.

Thursday.

Lucy and I are going into town so that lucy can get her ears pierced, go into the bank to give them her deed poll so she can change her name on her bank account. We might have a small breakfast as well you never know. Lucy and her friend are then going out on a girly shopping trip.

Friday.

We are going to Bath to have a day out and meet  another friend, I have only been to bath once and can't remember much about it. Lets hope it's wheelchair friendly.


So as you can see its going to be really interesting week with some unknowns and of course I will be telling all on my blog which proberly will be updated every day next week lol.


The First photo is when we went to plymouth, The second is on Exmoor.




2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all are looking forward to a fun week! Hopefully it will work out as planned!

    You mentioned Bath...I can relate to that! I visited Bath when in the UK back in the '80's! Many pleasant memories!

    Hugs,

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy,

    Busy, indeed. Hopefully I can play a small part in helping it to go well. Whatever the case I'm really looking forward to seeing both of you girls again.

    Love

    Susan XXX

    ReplyDelete