Tuesday 10 July 2012

A Non-Stop Long Weekend.

Wednesday Night.

Wednesday night was FANTASTIC Lucy, her dad, our friend Susan and I started off at the home of  the friend who was going to witness Lucy's deed poll. I can't remember the journey up because I slept most of the way to Bristol. Lucy took a photo of me sleeping aaahhhhhhh but it has to be transferred from her camera to my laptop so I cant put it on my blog until that gets done.

Everyone had some champagne (I don't drink). Then we all made our way to a Mediterranean restaurant, this restaurant was lovely and the food was Delicious and we had a great time. The staff were quite busy as there were loads of people including some noisy elderly people who were really enjoying themselves. The night ended by saying thank you and goodbye to our friends.

Thursday.

Thursday was sort of a shopping day in Taunton, with our friend Susan, I have noticed one thing recently there a lot of shops with people milling around but nobody buying anything the till were not ringing much at all. Lucy went into the bank to change her name with her deed poll while Lucy was seeing someone about the name change Susan and I sat waiting and getting over Wednesday night we both nearly fell asleep I then got the giggles because I could imagine Lucy having to wake us up.  We had a wander round but most of it was really relaxed day which was nice because of the hectic time on Wednesday night.

Friday.

Friday was a trip to Bath and to meet another friend called Vicky, we went into M&S to wait for her and then went exploring.  I didn't really enjoy it I'm sorry to say and I'm sorry to moan about it. The weather wasn't very nice it was raining and it wasn't very wheelchair friendly due to really bad pavements, I felt sorry for poor Lucy because she had to push me and get me up and down over kerbs.
As for me I felt like I'd been in a rodeo competition I'd been bumped up and down so much and one point I felt sea sick. Everything was done so fast and at some point we didn't know where we were going.  We went into a french cafe for lunch and the waitress seemed to be in a mood and wasn't very nice.
We couldn't really see much and most of the time was taken up with me shouting at tourists to get out of the way of the wheelchair. Oh well maybe another trip when I'm not in the wheelchair would be in order to see Bath properly and in better weather.

Saturday.

Saturday was a trip to Weston-Super Mare, I love Weston it is definitely wheelchair friendly and Lucy had no problems here. We did a bit of shopping and then at my request :) we went into a Edwardian tea rooms that is on the pier. I once saw a tea for two served to some people and it looked lovely on a two tier plate were sandwiches, cakes and pastries so as we were sort of on holiday I persuaded (they didn't need much) Lucy and Susan that it was in there best interest that we should order that, so instead of tea for two we had tea for three ;). It was as I expected and for once I was full up, especially after eating a massive piece of chocolate cake.

When we got back I found out that I had two application forms to fill in one for a college IT course that I can do at home and its free, the other one for a volunteering position, both got filled in and now I'm just waiting to see what happens.




 Here are some photo's from last year at Bournemouth, hopefully I'll have some recent ones on my next  blog. Take care and chat soon. xxxxx


2 comments:

  1. That's a very good description of a fabulous three days, Mandy. It was just a shame that Bath wasn't as friendly as it should have been. But at least it gave me a chance to meet Vicky.

    Do try and get that photo from Lucy of you asleep in the car. I thought it was lovely, although maybe you don't agree!

    Another lovely blog from you - I do look forward to them.

    Susan XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susan, I loved reading yours hopefully will get the photo's of lucy soon. I can't let me friends down can I !...

    ReplyDelete